(if you’re looking for some of the amazing tips and recipes shared – please visit the recap! )
Being a busy working Mum it’s often a challenge to put tasty / healthy or at the least, palatable & nutritious food on the table. It can often be a struggle to get good food on the table quickly when we juggle so many other duties. If you feel this way you’re not alone.
Stay at home mothers put in on average 14 hours a day cooking, cleaning, and carrying out childcare (via DailyMail and Legal & General)
- When the work is done for seven days a week the figure comes to a total of 98.5 hours
- The time includes an average of 29 hours a week looking after the children, seven hours doing laundry and four hours as a taxi driver.
- A further eight hours are spent cooking and cleaning, four hours shopping, five-and-a-half hours ironing and four hours doing household chores.
- Seven hours are spent as a story teller, two hours as a homework tutor and three hours as a sports coach. Other weekly jobs include first aider, stylist, sewing, tidying up, answering phones, gardening and serving tea and snacks.
- And four hours a week are spent washing up and one hour is spent as a counsellor listening to children’s problems.
Of course there are tricks and tips that can help cut down the time spent in the kitchen – without compromising on taste. Whether you enjoy cooking but want to learn how to do more in less time, or don’t particularly enjoy cooking and want to learn some new tricks to lighten your load and add new dishes to your repertoire - you should join us on Monday for #MumsNight We’ll be sharing tips, personal stories and tools to help you spend less time in the kitchen – and more time enjoying yourself at the dinner table with your family. Please join us on Twitter from 8:30pm -9:30 pm BST – Monday April 16 Follow @TransatlantiMom and the hashtag #MumsNight to view the discussion – and be sure to add the hashtag #MumsNight to each of your tweets to join the conversation. This event will be hosted by myself @TransatlantiMom and @MediocreMum who is an absolute whiz in the kitchen and SuperWoman with a slow-cooker! We hope to see you there and can’t wait to learn your tips & tricks and share a few of our own. Also – you can register to win a free Crock-Pot slow cooker, courtesy of Crock-Pot UK 1 Winner will receive a: Next Generation Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker
- 5.7 Litre capacity – ideal for up to 6 people
- 2 heat settings
- Convenient keep warm function
- Dishwasher, oven and microwave safe removable pot
- Dishwasher safe glass lid
- Adjustable cooking times and 20H countdown timer
- Detachable cord
- Recipes included
Crock-Pot Next Generation slow cooker: This sleek and contemporary model can cook delicious dinners for up to six people so is perfect for dinner parties or family suppers. It also has a digital timer that counts down the minutes as your food cooks and when the time is up, automatically reduces the heat so you’re ready to serve. For more information about Crock-Pot or for slow cooker recipes visit their Facebook Page *I have not been paid or compensated by any brand for this post or giveaway. Any questions please ask – or feel free to visit my disclosure statement.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Full Giveaway Rules
Only persons residing in United Kingdom who are at least 18 years of age can enter.
April 12, 2012 @ 06:30 am (BST)
April 16, 2012 @ 09:00 pm (BST)
- Only those over 18, who reside in the UK may enter.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18
- Entrants must be based within the UK
- 1 winner will be selected at random to win the prize
- Entrants must follow @TransatlantiMom on Twitter to qualify for entry
- Entrants may earn additional entries daily by sending out tweets or liking the Crock-Pot UK Facebook Page
- Entrants need not attend the #MumsNight Twitter Party on Twitter April 2, 8:30-9:30 BST to qualify (but it would be really nice if you did!!)
- TransatlantiMom will not share your data with 3rd Party companies with the exception of the winner to Crock-Pot who will use the information you provide for the purposes of communicating with the winner.
- This competition is run separately from Twitter and is by no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes for free by emailing transatlanticmom @ gmail (dot) com and requesting details about alternate registration.