So upon my arrival in the US I started connecting with some other bloggers via Twitter. One of the funniest, and most welcoming was Tattoed Mummy . You should all follow her on Twitter. Right Now. No seriously go now —->>> Follow Tattooed Mummy on Twitter and add her blog, http://tattooedmummy.blogspot.com/ to your blog reader, I’ll wait for you…
I was so delighted when she agreed to do a a behind the blog interview for me me….
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? …..I am (or try to be) very private and secretive online. partly due to just not wanting or needing everyone to know who I am and partly fear of identity theft and stalkers! That said, I’m a 46 yo mum of one, a daughter of 12. I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth (a neuropathy thing) My husband is 20 years my senior, he is retired and is DDs main carer. I work full time. We have a dog – we had two but one died last year. I like chatting on twitter, drinking wine, reading books, eating stuff with chillies in, vampires and sleeping.
2. What would you consider your superpower to be? (or which would you like if you could have one) – I can make new people, I think that’s super enough, I can make milk and keep small people alive too! (I am awesome)
3. How did you first start blogging? I started blogging when blogging was still pretty new and was really used by most people like FaceBook (which i loathe) is now, for a diary and letting people know what you are up to. I used mine as a diary for me really, a place to mumble.
4. Did you have a goal when you started? Do you now? My goal was the same then as it is now, to use my blog as a space to rant. no more no less. (although secretly i like it if it helps people too)
5. What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? I ramble. There is no routine, I write as I think, a stream of conciousness.
6. What are the most important elements of good writing? According to you, what tools are must-haves for bloggers? Bloggers need a blog and a brain and the ability to string a sentence together, that’s it
7. What motivates you to write? Anger usually
8. Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?I don’t blog! haha I have no fear of leaving my blog for days even weeks if I have nothing worth saying. Why blog for the sake of it?
9. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic? Nothing as I don’t have a topic, I blog about anythng and everything. Stuff that effects, amuses or angers me, whatever
10. How would (someone) describe your blogging style? random, weird, peculiar and (I hope) funny
11. What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog? Work and be a mum and a wife and a dog walker
12. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blog? I use twitter to tell people when i post something, I have over 2000 followers on twitter so it helps to get a few readers
13. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? again, anger. I’m usually full of rage
14. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers? It’s about me and my anger first, readers second…the other stuff? not fussed
15. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to their readers? 5 minutes of escapism, a laugh, or useful tips
16. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made? – I have no interest in blogging for money – not sure I’d turn down a salaried blogging position, but my blog is for fun
17. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog? Sadly I don’t have one.
20. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why? I have a blog roll on my site – most bloggers I like are either like me or totally not like me!
21. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest? Just do it – do not worry about rules, be yourself.
22. How do you feel about the term “Mummy Blogger” I loathe it. I’m not a “white blogger”, or a “in her 40s blogger” or a “disabled blogger” or a “grey haired blogger” or a “married blogger” why should i be a mummy blogger? I’m a person that blogs, I’m a wife and mother, a worker, a dog owner, I have a tattoo, I have Charco-Marie-Tooth, I’m middle class (haha) I am not one thing!